WhatsApp is one of the best instant messaging clients in town & it just got better. WhatsApp introduced WhatsApp Web, this allows you to use WhatsApp on your computer via a web browser (Firefox, Google chrome, Opera) and synchronizes your chats with your phone in real-time.
I checked it out few weeks ago & I must say “it’s awesome”. Useful if you’re the type that uses PC often (with internet connection of course), it saves you the pain of switching between phone & computer every time you need to use WhatsApp.
WhatsApp web is super easy to use, follow the steps below:
- Open your PC web browser (Firefox, Google chrome, Opera) and go to http://web.whatsapp.com
- On your WhatsApp mobile app, tap Menu>>WhatsApp Web, this will start the QR code scanner.
3. Point your phone’s camera to the QR code on your PC screen. As soon as WhatsApp reads the QR code on your PC screen, it will automatically login and you are good to go.
It’s as simple as that.
Things u can do with WhatsApp Web
- Use your keyboard to type.
- View your contacts info.
- Access media (photos, videos, audio).
- Share photos, record audio, or use your webcam.
- Start a new conversation with any contact, or continue a conversations you started on your phone.
- You can also download any received media directly to your PC.
- Talk in group chats and view group info. (You can’t start a new group chat though)
- Connect multiple computers to your phone and save them for the future.
- You can also remotely disconnect any browser from your phone.
Have you tried WhatsApp Web? What do u like about it? What are the limitations you noticed? Having any issue? I’ll be glad to help, Talk to me via comments